Revised Rules for Ground Safety and Behaviour
Elgin City Football Club has a duty to ensure that its players, officials, supporters and any other person connected with the club does not engage in any conduct deemed unacceptable under these rules. This applies both on the occasion of an official match at our home stadium or at official away matches played by the Club. It also includes the content of postings on social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter.
The definition of unacceptable conduct covers conduct which is violent and/or disorderly.
Violent conduct includes:-
1. Actual, attempted or threatened violence against a person or persons.
2. Intentional damage to property
Disorderly conduct includes:-
1. Conduct which is designed to stir up or sustain hatred or ill will against a group of persons based on their membership or presumed membership of the following categories of defined groups :-
Female or Male gender
Colour, race, nationality or ethnic or national group
Membership of a religious group or a group with a perceived religious affiliation
2. The use ofÂ threatening, abusive or insulting words
3. The display of written or other visual material which is threatening, abusive or insulting.
Elgin City Football Club accepts its responsibility under these rules and will not tolerate any behaviour deemed unacceptable in these rules.
Any Elgin City official, employee or other person connected with the Club who engages in such behaviour will be dealt with under the Clubâ€™s internal disciplinary procedures.
Any supporter who engages in such behaviour will be liable for sanctions imposed by the Club which could include withdrawal of season ticket, exclusion from future Elgin City matches or in the event of serious and/or persistent offending, an application being made towards obtaining a football banning order.
1st August 2014